Blue Cat Audio has updated its mixer plugin. Normally I wouldn’t post about such a small update but this one holds some very interesting news. The plugin allows you to use VST plugins within it inside Pro Tools, even Pro Tools 11. While this worked in previous versions as well there were some complications with virtual instruments that are now supposedly fixed. I haven’t tried it yet but let’s hope for the best. Some other fixes have been done as well as you can see in the list below.
New Features from 2.0 to 2.03:
- The plug-in can now host VST instruments.
- Added support for plug-ins bundled into a VST Shell.
- hosted VST plug-ins can now sync with the host’s tempo.
- AudioSuite support (offline processing) for the AAX version.
Plug-ins Compatibility Improvements:
- Some VST plug-ins that required tempo sync used to crash on load or produce no sound.
- Fixed compatibility issues with FabFilter plug-ins.
- Some VST plug-ins used to crash when reloading a Pro Tools session in Pro Tools 11.