Free instruments for Kontakt

I was browsing the web for free instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt. I found close to 4 GB, not counting the Native Instruments User Library. Here’s the complete list.

BEWARE: I haven’t tried these yet. I don’t know the quality, and I don’t know if they all work.

They might work in Structure, or they might not. Structure supposedly supports the Kontakt format, but I’ve never had success importing my Kontakt 3 library into Structure.

Native Instruments Kontakt User Library – a little of everything.

Cinesamples freebies – Triangles, jam buckets and snaps & claps.

Audio Warrior Free Djembe – Djembe, a type of drum.

ModernBeats free sounds – supposedly hiphop sounds and loops. It looks like a magazine ad and they wanted my email so I didn’t sign up for them. But I’m paranoid, they might be good.

I found an entire blog for Kontakt 3 Resources – unfortunately a bit disappointing. It’s not active anymore, have very few entries, and a lot of the stuff is hosted on that crap site Rapidshare.

Sample Logic TryPack – a big download. I think I’ve posted about it before. You’ll need to enter email, name, address and so on. Interestingly ‘State’ was for some reason very important to them. It just so happens that Sweden doesn’t have any states.

Bolder Sounds free stuff – several free packs. You have to signup, then go through a shopping cart and checkout procedure. A bit of a pain, but at least they won’t ask you for your credit card.

Michael Kingston Riders – two drum kits located on a great looking website. Hopefully the Ruffrider kit is as rough as he says.

Babel Audio free percussion – four packs here, and it doesn’t look like your ordinary percussion stuff you already have either.

Autodafe – have two free packs. A set of Roland System 100m samples (which is a little unclear if it includes patches or not) and a drumpack.

Pettinhouse – a ton of free stuff. Mostly guitars and drums.

Soniccouture – includes, among other things, a brush kit, an acid pack and a thumb piano.

Busty Dozen Scrambled Vol 1 – a full CD for free.

3amnoise blog – here’s drum and fx kit for Kontakt. Check out the other posts as well, there aren’t a lot of them, and there’s nothing more in Kontakt format, but there are some samples and loops as well as patches for other formats.

Bo’s Bottles – click the oblong (funny word!) “download file” image, not the big round one.

Zvon – two confusing free pages.

Lx7 free drums – sounds like this could be heaven for people looking for vintage drum machine samples.

A vocal pack – not every day you find one of these.

Philharmonia Tuba – perhaps not the most common instrument to find either, but pretty cool. Tubas are very rock & roll.

Ourafilms – here’s a whole bunch of freebies.

Sonic Cinema Drill n Crack Pack and Jazzy Glitches – love the artwork on these. Have no idea about the sound.

Typhoon Sounds 8bit – 8bit-styled (think NES) free instruments. What’s not to like?

Precisionsound – I like that Precisionsound often sample more esoteric instruments. The have a couple of freebies: Cretone Time Tapper, Koestler, Red Grand Toy Piano (beware, .exe file) and Magic Music Box.

That’s all I got! Let’s hope they don’t all suck. If you know of anything else, let us know!

* * *

New additions November 2009:

Brendan Hogan – Brendan updates with new instruments every week.

The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI – So far only one instrument, Arp Pro Soloist Steel Guitar.

Human Workshop – three freebies here, AnaSynth, ArabFlutist and PadMeister.

Metallic Dreams, aimed at the more cinematic side of sounds, and Advanced Distortion. Both from Brickwall Audio.

Be sure to let us know if you know of any Kontakt instruments not listed here.

* * *

New additions September 2010:

iMoog – samples from a Moog Voyager.

Bronto Scorpio Music – several instruments from this sound design blog.

The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI – now with more instruments.

Related Posts
Comments ( 15 )
  1. i'm exercising and dieting and not losing weight
    August 19, 2015 at 4:24 pm

When you do have a handle on this info, you’re ready to start your program.
    If consume too much appropriate food choices too you are able to still put on pounds from
    it. Everything sounds simple so far, but it isn’t because you need to the calories you might be consuming.

2. google advertising Revenue
    August 19, 2015 at 7:38 pm

But perhaps the biggest feature here is these Local pages will likely be indexed.
    Get value for your money with the addition of a link to the photo or video time for your landing page.
    president Of course being an marketing device is incredibly
    powerful, in the Networking to Personal Branding campaign, extremely effective system, particularly by means of
    publication and eventual viral effect.

3. Sue
    August 19, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Linked – In was founded in 2002 and reached 4,500 members
    rolling around in its first month.

4. how to lose 10 pounds a week with exercise
    August 20, 2015 at 6:35 am

Losing 10 pounds is significant and a great motivator to losing more weight.
    We truly realize that losing a couple of unwanted weight have lots of advantages
    for the long term. For better results, make sure that your
    daily intake of carbohydrates doesn’t exceed
    20 grams.

5. http://Www.hotyogahut.com/
    August 20, 2015 at 9:22 am

Click metropolis closest to what your location is (you’ll likely would like
    to work with local car buyers).

6. cool hoodies for men
    August 24, 2015 at 8:42 am

Hello, just wanted to mention, I loved this article.

It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

7. oil change near me
    August 25, 2015 at 5:48 am

Your automobile is a complex vehicle, plus it needs the best care.

8. how to lose weight fast
    August 28, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Many individuals will explain how water weight is tough to obtain off,
    but don’t allow them to fool you. If this is not the best weight-loss trick you
    ever heard then I do not know what is going to
    benefit you. ) to “just have one” muffin or cookie or bit of slice.

9. truth about abs affiliate banners for publishers
    August 28, 2015 at 11:37 pm

The initial few pages in the e – Book, I have to admit, got me a little
    motivated. I really learned a lot, and look at food labels
    now to view what I’m investing in my body. Mike’s nutritional
    program even helps you with to consume more in the foods that are healthy for you to stimulate
    an organic, fat loss, hormonal reply to every meal.

10. truth about six pack abs affiliate program
    August 28, 2015 at 11:39 pm

The external and internal obliques can be found along the sides of the rectus abdominal, and assist the body with lateral, or bending and twisting,
    movements. These are some with the best ab exercises that you can do to build six pack abs.
    Free workout is exercise that you simply won’t see as
    typical exercise nonetheless it counts towards
    your total calorie expenditure.

11. Puravol Anti Aging
    August 29, 2015 at 8:31 am

This text is invaluable. Where can I find out more?

12. http://bookingcomreview.net
    August 30, 2015 at 10:12 am

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Opera.
    I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to
    do with web browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.
    The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem fixed soon. Thanks

13. ????????? instagram pc
    August 30, 2015 at 10:53 pm

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You appear to understand so much approximately
    this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe that you can do with a few
    percent to pressure the message house a little
    bit, however other than that, that is great blog. A fantastic
    read. I will certainly be back.

14. Natural Daily Cleanse
    August 30, 2015 at 10:57 pm

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this brilliant blog!
    I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with my Facebook
    group. Talk soon!

15. BioMuscle XR Supplement
    August 31, 2015 at 4:23 am

Undeniably imagine that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared
    to be at the net the easiest thing to remember of. I say to you,
    I certainly get irked whilst other folks consider concerns that they just do not
    recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the whole thing without
    having side-effects , other people could take a signal.

Will probably be back to get more. Thanks