Blue Cat Audio have updated five of their plugins with some important news for ProToolers. The updated plugins are: Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro (audio levels meter), FreqAnalyst Multi (multiple tracks spectrum analyzer), Oscilloscope Multi (multiple tracks waveform visualizer), StereoScope Multi (multiple tracks stereo field analyzer) and Blue Cat’s Protector (zero latency brickwall limiter).
What’s new for most plug-ins:
- Fixed AAX version not showing up in Pro Tools 10.3.5 on Windows.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed compare light issues in Pro Tools.
- Fixed MIDI and automation settings that were reset when using undo.
- RTAS: Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- AAX: Fixed initialization issues on some Pro Tools HD configurations.
- Mac-VST: Fixed window resize issues on Cubase and Nuendo (Mac).
- Mac: Fixed user interface display issues when first opened in Ableton Live 9.
- Mac: Control MIDI settings dialog is now brought back to front when already opened in the background.
- Mac: fixed copy/paste keyboard shortcuts for plug-in registration that did not work in some hosts.
Additional change for Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi:
- Pushing all parameters to other instances does not push the stereo configuration anymore.
It’s been quite some time since I heard from Prosoniq but today they actually announced a new version of TimeFactory. Version 2.5 of the time stretching software includes the following new features:
• Added capabilty to export multi-channel files as individual channels (keeping the original names)
• Added support for Sony WAVE64 and EBU MBWF/RF64 file formats
• Updated Dirac algorithm to latest v3.6.2
• Added Dirac’s transcribe mode
• Better usage of screen real estate
• Removed support for PPC machines
• Many minor fixes and improvements
Toontrack is expanding its EZkeys range with the Country MIDI sound library. This pack focuses on the country genre (who would’ve guessed?) and, according to the press release, “includes anything from the classic and rootsy to the timeless ballads and the slick, pop-influenced styles that top the charts of today”. It continues…
• An extensive collection of chord progressions and playing styles for country inspired music
• Tempos and styles ranging from ballad to uptempo
• Covering straight and/or swing in 2/4, 3/4 & 4/4
I ran into a little problem a while back when I noticed that all my presets for my Native Instruments synths FM8 and Absynth were nowhere to be found. I tried to just rebuild the database but apparently the default folder wasn’t correct because there were no presets there! This in itself was kind of weird since I’ve never moved them. I eventually figured it out. (more…)
My favorite limiter, bar none, McDSP ML4000 is currently being offered at a whopping 50% off. Both the HD and Native versions are discounted, with Native landing at $115 and HD $215. Offer is only available until May 17th.
The ML4000 is two plug-ins: the ML1 mastering limiter, and the ML4 – a multi-band Gate, Expander, and Compressor fed into the same limiter algorithm found in the ML1. While it’s my go-to limiter since, well, pretty much since it was released, don’t just take my word for it, try before you buy.
If you’re an aspiring songwriter you might want to check out the following interview with Monty Powell. It was made and released as part of Toontrack’s songwriter month but it isn’t filled with blatant product pushing and actually includes some nice tips.
Arturia has announced a new expansion for Spark and SparkLE. Hollywood Essentials, as it’s called, adds “film-scoring sounds” to Spark, according to the press release.
Hollywood hotshot sound designers Larry Hopkins (The Following, Vampire Diaries, Revenge), Alan Howarth (Poltergeist, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Back To The Future II), and Mark Mangini (Die Hard, Star Trek, The Fifth Element) have pooled their considerable creative resources to create Hollywood Essentials. As such, it features an attractive library of 30 ear- catching kits with 480 instruments and 960 patterns ranging from field recordings made in the likes of auto body shops and dentists to ethereal sci-fi soundscapes and action sequence percussion ensembles fit for any adventurous blockbusting Hollywood motion picture!
Hollywood Essentials requires Spark Creative Drum Machine Version 1.5 (or higher), and can be purchased and downloaded directly from the Arturia online store for €29.00 EUR/$29.00 USD.
I promise you, my intention isn’t to turn this into a Maschine blog! It’s a total coincidence that Native Instruments has launched a time limited offer on Maschine expansions just as I was writing posts about it. The offer is pretty damn wicked too and only lasts for 99 hours.
Dubbed ‘Cloud 9′, the offer gives you nine sound libraries for Maschine for €99 / $99 (lucky American bastards!). The 99 hours are up 3 pm CET on Friday, May 17.
The Expansions included in this offer are DROP SQUAD, RAW VOLTAGE, PLATINUM BOUNCE, DARK PRESSURE, CONANT GARDENS, VINTAGE HEAT, TRANSISTOR PUNCH, ELECTRIC VICE and TRUE SCHOOL. These Expansions have been selected to provide a wide range of contemporary production styles, allowing users to mix and match sounds to create their own signature sound. Each focuses on a particular genre or sound, covering dubstep/bass music, electro house, electronica, urban pop, techno, soulful beats, and more.
Despite my love for Maschine, I haven’t tried any of the expansions. Let us know if you have. Check out the offer at the Native Instruments website.
ProToolerBlog has been going strong since 2007 and is today the largest unofficial Pro Tools website in the world. We update daily with news, reviews and more. ProToolerBlog is not affiliated with Avid.