If you register now for Avid Connect you get $200 off with their Early Bird pricing.
Avid Connect is the annual gathering of the Avid Customer Association. 2014 marks the inaugural year of Avid Connect, which is the first step in bringing our community together for personal interaction and access to best practices and shared experiences from the world’s premier media clients and industry experts.
When: April 4-6, 2014 (prior to the NAB Show)
3600 Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
PSP has announced that their sQuad EQ plugins are now ready for Windows AAX 64-bit. This includes PSP ClassicQ, PSP ConsoleQ, PSP McQ, PSP NobleQ, PSP PreQursor and PSP RetroQ. It’s a free upgrade for current users. Nothing else changes (even version number of the product) so if you are NOT ProTools 11 user on WINDOWS do nothing.
The rest of their effects plugins have been ported to AAX 64-bit plugin format for Windows already. They’re currently working on porting the rest of their dynamic processors plugins to AAX 64-bit on Windows.
Audio Ease has released a free Altiverb 7.1 update for Mac which adds AAX Native and retina display support.
This was announced on Facebook with the following bullet points:
- Altiverb 7.1 is a Mac only plug-in, available in 64 bit and 32 bit as AAX Native, VST, MAS and Audio Unit.
- Like Pro Tools 11, Altiverb 7.1 now requires an iLok 2 USB key. An Altiverb 7.1 license cannot be stored on an iLok 1 USB key. In case you do not have an iLok 2 USB key we offer it to registered Altiverb customers at the greatly reduced price of: $35 USD including world wide shipping (normal price is $49 USD excluding shipping). You can use the iLok License Manager app to transfer the license from your iLok 1 to your new iLok 2 key.
- You should not upgrade to Altiverb 7.1 in case you rely on the RTAS plug-in for Pro Tools 10 or below. Altiverb 7.1 requires Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher.
- Digital Performer 7 is not supported, Digital Performer 8 is.
- Altiverb 7.1 for Windows version has been co-developed with this Mac Altiverb 7.1 release. It is still under development but it is far progressed. We expect to have more news about it soon.
- For an IR production we are looking for a ghost village. Any terrain with more than 10 buildings where we can make a load of noise in the middle of the night without being arrested or shot at. We prefer places within 700 km from the Netherlands. If you have suggestions please email arjen at audioease.com.
Universal Audio is running a big UAD storewide sale, offering you their plugins at up to a 60% discount.
Some of my favorite UAD plugins includes the new 1176′s, as well as the Ampex and Studer tape machine emulations.
Camel Audio is offering a 50% discount on Alchemy until the end of 2013. Until the 31st, Alchemy will be available for $124 / €99 / £89.
In addition to this, they’ve also discounted the following bundles for December only:
Plugins Bundle – $249 / €199 / £179
Alchemy Atmospheric or Electronic Bundle – $369 / €299 / £249
Black Friday is over but Slate Digital decided to run some deals during December anyway. Their plugins are up to 60% off.
My favorite Slate Digital plugin is by far Virtual Console Collection.
Toontrack has presented Metal Beats MIDI, a new collection of drum grooves and fills performed by metal drummer Dirk Verbeuren, who you might know from Soilwork.
After the three volumes in the Library of the Extreme series and a few thousand variations of the most outrageous metal drumming there is, Dirk winds down a tad. In this pack, he delivers a comprehensive collection of straight forward, modern metal drumming – all the way from ultra-slow doom and crushing mid tempo to galloping double-bass work. Essentially, everything you might need in between the blast beats, carpet rolls or skank beats you got from the Library of the Extreme suite.
This collection of drum beats and fills is the perfect match for any traditional or modern metal songwriter looking for world-class, sharp and inventive drumming straight from one of the world’s most well-rounded and dynamic e-drummers.
Features in short:
• MIDI drum beats and fills for traditional and modern metal
• Performed by Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork)
• All material organized in straight or swing songs and broken down by leading instrument (closed hats, open hats, etc.)
• Each song has a dedicated section for fills
• Tempos ranging from 56 BPM to 240 BPM
Plugin Alliance is running their own little X-Mas Calendar this year. A new deal will be added every day. I won’t report about everyone of them so keep checking back at the Plugin Alliance website if you’re interested.
The Vienna Symphonic Library team have announced their annual holiday offers. Users who purchase at least three Vienna Instruments Collections or three Single Instrument products between December 1, 2013 and January 15, 2014, will receive one additional product from the same category for free. Five, seven or nine purchased products will yield even more free products.
More info at VSL.